Re: Draggin a SVO

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Bud Morton wrote:

> OK Guys,
>
> I'm not against the 2.3 liter turbo. My 1st SVO (canyon red 86) was
> modified with a D port Motorsport head, high flow turbo, bleeder valve,
> 3" down pipe, and 4.10 gears.
>
> I'm just curious...why you guys are trying to compete with the torque
> gruntn 5.0s on 'their turf'...the 1/4mi.

Why did the 5.0 guys compete with the torque gruntin 426,427, and 428's?
Cuz they can.  Why do the 2.3 guys do it? Cuz we can.  Why do I do it? Cuz
I will frankly whip the shit out of a 5.0 with the same mods.
Also, I am still lost in your logic that the SVo is not suited for the
drags.  Jus cuz it will outhandle a regualr Fox chassis, its not a ridin
on rails top class sports car. They handle good, better then alot of cars
in the same price range, but its not like they will outhandle a new Supra
or 300ZX, and have you ever seen a Supra or 300ZX at the track? I seen
alot of those cars that will out run most 5.0s and outhandle most SVO's.
so basically what I am sayin, is sure it handles ok.  Sure it handles
better than your cobra.  How does that somehow make it inferior in a
straight line?  Jus cuz your Cobra handles better than an old Dodge Dart,
does that make the Dart a drag car? I guess thaty also means your car is
not a drag car.
Also, my roomate hasa camaro.  Camaros handling is known to be far
superior to to a fox chassis. Well, your bragging of your 60's.  His car
gets 1.95-+.02, on 255-50-16 Dunlop D40's....Hmm, looks like your car
gets shittier traction AND handles worse than a Camaro.  I guess you
couldn't SCCA or Drag in that heap.
Now, I am not rippin on your car. Im jus tryin to say your 5.0 is not the
king of the strip, and all cars aren't judged with the 5.0 being the
ruler.  I like 5.0s, unlike alot of ppl here.  I also hate the attitude
that most 5.0 guys have.   Coincidentally, the ones that usually have the
"5.0's are the most awesome cars on the planet and everything else sucks"
attitude are usually the easiest to take money from.

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta