Re: Drag Racing??

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Cory Erickson wrote:

> [...]
I dont care what anyone says to me...Your a friggin shithead!

> > It's still a pinto. No matter how you slice it.

yep, and thre was a person on the list that has one that would rip yours a
new one.

> True, but Pintos have class. You know, there are a list of reasons why I
> love to drive a turbocharged Pinto:

> "I was going how fast? Surely officer you don't think this car can do
> 130?"

Not like most 5.0s can do it and not feel like they are gonna rip to
peices.....

> I don't have to go on prozak if I lose to a modded 5.0 (unlike the owner
> of the 5.0 if I place within a couple cars of his $10k+ ride)

if YOU place within a few cars?  Most 5.0 babies whine whan anyone beats
them..dont feel like your singled out.

> "Dammit Scott, the F*&k*ng insurance company wants $80 for 6 months of
> coverage this term!"

LOL....I love that one!

> "I can come take any parts I want off the Pinto in the yard for $5?"

That one too:)

> "Oh damn, someone knicked my door again -- hope it wasn't that 5.0 with
> the nice paint ;)"

Actually, as crappy as my pinto looks,  still don't like it when it gets
worse.   I would prolly have a fit if it got dinged.

Also, I jus love it when Im at the track and people come up to me and say
things like "Thats only a 4 cyclinder?????!!!!!"  How many people are
impressed that your 5.0 huffer runs 12's?

I like having a car that runs 13's, is streetable, and only cost me about
800 dollars total.  How fast did your cobra run with 800 in MODS?(that
includes things like tires, too).

I like having all factory parts on my car.  The only thing aftermarket in
the WHOLE drivetrain is a hurst shifter, and a summit mini spool..and some
aftermarket cheesy Wells ignition stuff.  But it even runs Ford oil and a
Motorcraft filter.  O yeah, it has a K&N...EVERYTHING ELSE IS FACTORY.
And my car weighs jus shy of 2400..so its not THAT lite.

Its cool to go to the street races and have assholes like you laff at me.
Your ignorance shows when I take yer money.

its nice to not have to pay out the ass when the car breaks.  I can get a
spare anything cheaper than you can.

Im not sayin my car is great, but I am not sittin here tlakin about how
your Cobra is a dime a dozen Cookie cutter car, that needs to get mods out
the ass to run 12's, etc.

> Bud, come check out my homepage:
> Cory
> http://dragon.moorhead.msus.edu/~ericksco

And mine too...
www.eng.usf.edu/~shidel

Dave: What is it with assholes like this?

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta