Re: Draggin

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, James Lawler wrote:

> Bud Morton wrote:
> >Now...I'm a drag racer (94 Cobra: 12.53@112mph 1.97 60ft on STREET
> >TIRES..not stickys..regular BFG Z Rated 17 inchers). I'm also a cone
> >head...and I've had a few hot laps around Road Atlanta.
>
> Ahh, why bother with those gutless 5.slows, there are talons/eclipses with
> puny 2L engines running in the 10's with full interiors and street tires
> and are daily drivers.

Whipping out th enew Turbo mag....I can say B.S.
The worlds fastest and quickest Talonis in there this month..Sorry, its
best E.T. is 11.006, and accroding to the mag, "the interior was stripped
'in Honda fashion'. Viod of carpet, plastic, and a current vehicle
registration tag, the the Talon was definatly looking race ready". And its
not jus some guys car.  its eiterh sponsored or actually owned by a shop,
so its nowhere near your average Talon.  I didn't read the article again,
but if it was running stripped, i doubt it was running street tires.

Another note, dont go saying stupid stuff like 5.slow here. THat makes you
sound as bad as him for ripping on another perfectly good car.  5.0s are
cool.  If 10's was my aim, like your Diamond Star icons, I sure as hell
wouldn't choose a SVO, nor would it be a Eclipse/Talon.
If I wanted a nice streetable car, I would go with a 5.0 unless I got
rich.  Dollar for dollar, the 5.0 is about the cheapest car you can get
into the 10's, and still have a stereo, full, A/C and upolstered interior.

The biggest problem with the 5.0, is its agerage driver.  Its amazing they
can fit their heads in the car.

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta