Re: your mail

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Bud Morton wrote:

Listen Bud,

> You started this snubbing with the first smart-ass reply. I was asking a
> curious question I had. At first, no one was answering it. They were in
> return questioning me for asking the question.

Do you go on the 5.0 list and say to the SCCA guys, "I know the LX mustang
handles like total dogshit. Why do you guys try to race it on a course?"

I dont care WHAT you say, your post was implying people were doin
something wrong, or alteast what you thought was wrong, cuz they race a
car in a straight line that has better conering abilities than a stock
5.0.

> Don't come at me with an agressive tone and expect it not to return.

Dont ask stupid questions like you did that had the purpose of putting
people on the defensive, and you should be ok.
its like sayin why do you even bother runnin your cobra at the track?
like sayin your cobra is not suited for drag racing jus cuz there are
other cars out there with a better straight line suspension setup.

> I'm sorry I offended the almighty superior Dave Compton...not.

Well, in addition, you offended Chris Roth, for no real reason, ME(you
asshole), Cory, and basically everyone else ont he list tht enjoys
dragging their car.

We he
> take my SVOs away from me now? I have a right to my opinion and to
> express them.

Yes, but do you have the right to override a TV station's transmission and
broadcast your blabble?  This is Daves list. Your using his medium to
spread your narrowminded veiw.  Get your own list if you want to say what
u wanna say with no rite for anyone to complain. But frankly, you the same
as comin over to Daves house for dinner and thanking him by pissing all
over the carpet.

 I feel that the SVOs show their skills better on a road
> course or autocrossing more than on a straight line.

And your Cobra will outhandle a 66 Fairlane.  Does that mean your car is
not suitable for drag racing cuz it can handle better than another car?

I've seen several
> narrow minded comments on here before. A guy puts a 5.0 in a SVO and
> several replies "he needs to be smacked"...his car....his
> opinion...

That is somebody who for the most part ruined and SVO.....

where do you get off calling me narrow minded? Sound familiar
> DAVE?

Ahhhh, I see....This is like a payback. You musta had a total brain
shutdown and built a V8 SVO, and now your offended...oops...

> The point being...I have a right to my opinion...as do you and everyone
> else on this board. Don't ever expect me to cower the next time you
> become a snubbing fool.
We jus wanna be like you....Some day I will grow up, and buy a 94 5.0, and
that way I can be jus like Bud!!!!!!!

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta