Re:

Bud Morton wrote:

> There's plenty of Porsches out rippin up the cones. How many do you see
> at the drag strip??

Some...10 days ago a new 911 turbo was there running mid 13s@108.
Last night a guy in an early 90s Carrera 4 Convertible was running
mid 15s@94.  He was really wussing out on the takeoffs...or else
his car just isn't suited for drag racing ;-).

There was a huge gaggle of old 240/280 Z/ZXs there last night.
They weren't much suited for drag racing either, but they were
pretty darn fast.  They were all running turbos.

> >And what makes any car you can think of "suited" for drag racing?
>
> I answered you on this one Dave...the ones that don't come 'set up from
> the factory designed for road hugging performance'

Cool!  I gotta get my wife's Citation to the track, it should kick ass.
Screw this Mustang stuff, they corner too good!

Sorry man, it's just funny to see "suitable drag car" defined as "any car
you can think of" <-(Dave) "that don't come 'set up from the factory
designed for road hugging performance'" <-(Bud).