Brake Pad formulation

The question about the rear brake pad clips got me thinking about another
problem/question I had from the past.

Does anyone know what the formulation was on the stock brake pads ?
Metallic ? Semi-Metallic ?  Fully Automatic? Assault-Style ?  Woops, wrong list.

My originals seemed to last forever, and the Ford parts counter guys didn't
know.  But I have been less than impressed with the replacements I put on from
the standpoint of dust, squeal, and wear.

What are others using ?

Rod
Rod Lilak		|  MooseWare Personal Computer Solutions
Voice (719) 685-9174    |  Custom Software for Vertical  Markets

It's not just Software - It's MOOSEWARE !