Re: My Vote

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, James Reese wrote:

> Dave,
>
> If you're counting, put me down for "A moderated list". I realize it's more
> work for you, but I'm getting tired of seeing all the flame-wars,
> profanity, and unrelated posts.

Well, put me down for unmoderated.  Whats the big deal? If dave has a
problem with someone, all he has to do is warn them and if they persist
all he has to do is boot them.,..end of problem.

It's ridiculus to have to read all these
> messages, just looking for the one or two posts that might contain useful
> tidbits.

Well, you dont have to read them...I scan the msgs fisrt and if it doesn't
interest me, I hit the "D" key...For instance, if I see a topic like "Part
#'s for front struts", as a Pinto owner, I know I wouldn't br able to
answer that.  So I scan it if the thread has been goin on to see if the
topic has wandered, and if it hasn't I dont have to read it, just delete
it.
Same with you. If you see "Dragging an SVO", and you never floored your
car, you would be safe to assume you dont even need to read that post.

We used to have some very knowledgeable people (Mike Fleming
> comes to mind) who would contribute a lot, but those people seem to have
> "gone away" - maybe they got tired of all the crap too.

Not to be harsh but I know of someone who went away because of how ALOT of
time when someone has a problem they post about on the list, the poster
hasn't even TRIED to figure it out.   Its like, "I was drivin home, one of
my brakes started somoking.  I got home, ran inside, logged on, and here I
am askin what you guys think the problem is".  The one particular
individual got tired of stuff like that.

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta