RE: Brake rattle

YES get the factory "thingies". I tried 10 dealers in the area. The only
one that had them was an LM dealer. I changed by pads and didn't get new
clips because the auto parts places would only sell them in a rebuild
set for $20. My car rattled so loud that I thought I had broke an axle!
I went to the dealer and paid about $8 for two of them.