Re: 2.3 turbo questions..

At 11:16 AM 9/29/97 PDT, Jason Kuttner wrote:
>Hey all, I have a 2.3 turbo in my 87 tbird coupe I just bought, and I
>have a handful of questions..
>
>can the smaller 7 blade AC fan be attached inline with the factory 4
>blade fan? it seems to be a waste not to use it...
>
>I want to change the timing belt. According to the book, I need to
>remove the water pump pulley, which looks easy enough, but how do you
>remove the crank pulley? It looks like there is 1 bolt, the big crank
>bolt.. and where can I get a new Belt and tensioner?
>

>lastly, I recently changed the sparkplug wires with some regular pep
>boys specials ($20) and now the motor is missing and sputtering.. I
>tried my best not to cross any wires.. I read that wire type was very
>important on these motors, can someone tell me what's up? I didn't
>change a thing except for the wires, and now it went from running great
>to pretty bad..
>
>thanks..
>
>jason k.

Congratulations on purchasing your 2.3 Turbo! You made a wise choice!

Your next wise choice will be to get rid of those Pep Boys wires and get a
4-cylinder set from Motorcraft. Double-check the firing order and spark
plug wires on the distributor.

Ford will also have your belt, and your tensioner pulley.

By the way, I buy Ford or Motorcraft parts whenever I can, except for Spark
Plugs I buy NGK TR-5s. My opinion is don't buy platinums.

Good luck!

Jim Dvorak
'86 Shadow Blue -- 1 of 69

Publisher/Editor, THE SVO CHRONICLES
Journal of the Mustang SVO Owners Association of Southern
California/Southwest Region

Mailing Address:
      Mustang SVO Owners Association
      7400 Center Avenue, Suite 109
      Huntington Beach, CA 92647-3039

            E-mail: jim@mustangsvo.org / jdvorak@deltanet.com
            Phone: 714-891-9835
            Fax: 714-891-6715
            http://www.mustangsvo.org

Plan Now: Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm! Sunday, April 19,
1998! Visit www.fordcarclubs.org or contact me for more information and
day-of-show gatherings.

For SVO Owners Association Membership Information which includes the
quarterly Turbo Times Newsletter, send me an e-mail with your mailing address.