SVO's doing 140 mph

I was cruising back from Denver today thinking how fast would my SVO be
able to go.

I remembered back when first purchased my ex-cop car mustang and taking it
out on the flats   then down a long straight hill and ran the car up to
145mph.  The car was completely stokc and ran a 15.8@87 in the quarter
(Denver).  I then remembered that we did this top speed with 3.08 gears.

Back to the SVO, Iwas cruising in 5th gear and 3000rpm and the speedo
showed 70~71mph. So By math the in 5th gear at 5000rpm you would be running
117~118 mph and at 6000rpm should be 141mph.  This is with 3.73 gears in a
86 SVO.  I have run 120mph in my 86 SVO and that was plenty fast for me.

Chris Roth
caroth@holly.colostate.edu
85 SVO (Bright Red)
86 SVO (Silver Metallic)