RE: Differences in `84 & `86 turbos?

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Leiding,Steve [Wpg] wrote:

> >Im suprised they did something like put the 48
> >housing on the SVO.  Reason is, cuz the 5 speed merkurs and Turbo Coupes
> >were all .63's(until they went to the IHI anyhow).

> I thought the Merkurs all have the .48 housing.  Dave what ya got on
> your XR fleet ?  I hear the .48 turbine housing, with the Grand National
> compressor is the hot setup, once you do some mods ?   The reduced lag
> on the smaller housing, with higher flow compressor ?

Nope.  I have  a 5speed merkur turbo in storage, and the Merkur I jus
bought have the .63.  Also, I think I posted a rather lenghty thing on the
GN compressor a week or two ago.  Basically it was sayin if your gonna go
thru the effort of puttin together a custom turbo, why not just get a T4
compressor.  Look what every Honda turbo setup on the market comes with..A
T3/T4 hybrid.

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta