Re: Differences in `84 & `86 turbos?

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Dave Compton wrote:

> I'm now firmly convinced I'm gonna run the .63 turbine and TO4 S trim
> compressor.  As Scott says,and I "think", the GN compressor is hardly even
> worth the trouble as an upgrade.

Hmm, I jus wanna rehash I "think" too....I dont really KNOW yet. Ia m jus
going on what the local turbo guy says, and I put alot of weight on this
guys word cuz as long as you buy something from him, he is more than happy
to give you free pointers to the point of being able to rebuild the darn
things yourself.  These guys have really impressed me as being one of
those old timer shops you hear about fromt he past.  He was tellin me to
not even worry about wastin my time with a GN setup, even though he could
jus as easily talk me into one, plus he uses different trims of T4's on
all the fast cars that get their turbos there.

->86 Escort..12.06@57 1/8th mile:) ..but gets me where I gotta