Re: MM&FF

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Dave Compton wrote:

> The scuttlebutt is that;
> - it made 320 HP and 400 lbs of torque at the rear wheels.
> - On RC Engineering 42 lb/hr injectors. hmmmmm.
> - with 25 PSI opf boost
> - and a Vortech Aftercooler flowing ICE water.
> - on a 190 lph /hr intank pump, with a Kenne Belle Boost-a-Pump.  Too bad
> they didn't know about the resistance wire in the ground lead, and the
> relay under the hood that cuts voltage to the pump except under boost.
> They coulda saved themselves the cost of a Boost-a-Pump.  You would think
> that they would've checked the voltage at the pump before blowin the money
> on a Boost-a-Pump.

Why would they do that? Then they wouldn't get browny points from Kenne
Belle in order to keep them as an advertiser.
Some of the things in the article are cool, some of them are total b.s.
For what they put into that heap it ought to be running SOLID 12's.
Extrude Honed manifolds....its obvious that they aren't payin for this
stuff, cuz who in their rite mind would do their intakes so early in the
game, especially since its like a 600 dollar mod.
I see ablsolutly no reaon why this article cant put on parts one at a
time, and go to the track and get a time, do something else, and get more
times...Funni, I dont remember hearing any track times since part I.  Its
not like the progress is so fast they dont have time to go to he
track...they do like 2 things a write up. I wonder if one of the big
reasons progress is so small that they screw around with it and lose power
half the time and they wont say what doesn't work, jus what will improve
power when cost is not an object.

> Shoot, the 190 can feed a 9 psi 351, why would they think that a blown 4
> cyl would use up the pump?  Silly Boys....

Hmmm, same reason as above I wonder?

> Dave
> DCompton@SmartWorx.com
> http://www.SmartWorx.com/DCompton

> > Subject: MM&FF
> > Date: Tuesday, September 30, 1997 4:20 PM
> >
> > Apparently the Dec 1997 Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords is going to
> include
> > Part 3 of the Tiny Avenger series. In the Nov issue they say that they
> have
> > passed the 300 hp at the wheels barrier. They evaluated the limitations
> of 35
> > lb/hr and 45 lb/hr inhectors; flow limit of the stock turbo;
> effectiveness of
> > SVO and T-Bird intercoolers; etc...
> >
> > Way cool...Also a couple other references to SVOs in this issue including
> an
> > SCCA F-Stock class win by Ernie Anderson (is he on the list??) in his 86
> SVO.
> >
> > ron
> > rmyrick@msn.com
> > 2 86 SVOs (1 stock, 1 toy)

->86 Escort..A/C, tinted windows, Alloy wheels, 5 speed, good shape
            $1000obo
->85 Merkur--Someone get this Escort of mine! I WANNA DRIVE MY MERK:)