Re: SVO injectors on a 5.0

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Dave Compton wrote:

> > I have no idea how long a 100% duty cycle pulse would be..all I know is
> it
> > sounds like "tick tick tick tick" at idle:)
> > Are me and mark the only ones remotley interested in this?
>
> I'm theoretically interested, but this all started with some guy trying to
> put 8 2.3 SVO injectors in a 5.0.  Basically, you can't.  Besides a whole
> new set of 8 36 lb /hr injectors with the correct impedance was selling for
> like $200 at Englishtown.  He could sell the 2 wrong sets he has, and buy
> the "right" parts.

Who would pay 100 bux for 4 SVO injectors? If there are ppl that will, I
have a ton i would like to get rid of.  Hell, I'll let em go for 50!!:)

> Only Doug Wallace at PMS has the correct inj. driver chips for sale, in the
> aftermarket, that I've found.  It's a special Motorola part that he had to
> buy in a 1000 piece lot.  And then the 5.0 EEC has nowhere to intall them
> on it's circuit board.  I ain't interested in reinventing the wheel.

What i am talking about doing is an add on black box.  Kinda like a relay.
You would plug it in the wire feeding the injectors, and use it to trigger
a transistor.  A transistor in real basic terms is an electrical relay,
that has a very very hi impedance on the trigger.  That would make it an
easy load for the eec to drive.

->86 Escort..A/C, tinted windows, Alloy wheels, 5 speed, good shape
            $1000obo
->85 Merkur--Someone get this Escort of mine! I WANNA DRIVE MY MERK:)