Re:Alternator problems.

Hi all, I went to a local auto electric shop yesterday and had my alternator
tested. The first thing the tech looked at was the plug that the wires from
the alternator run to( about 10 in. from the unit). He showed me that it was
cooked along with about 1 in of wire. For some reason Ford installed a plug
rated for 40 amps on a line that carries 65 amps. He said that this was a
common  problem that he runs into. He retested my unit and found that it was
bad ( the diode). He is rebuilding mine to 75 amps for $65, same day deal.
All he did was cut out the plug and spliced the lines together. Check those
plugs.  Mark