RE: Fuel Tank

There is a vent tube on the top of the tank.  It is connected to a
plastic vacuum line which runs to the charcoal canister in the engine
compartment. (black rectangular box, just below the air meter)  Check
for leaks in this line.  The rubber connector between the tank and
plastic line gets hard and brittle with age, and will crack - mine did.
I was getting a strong smell of fuel near the back of the car, but not
inside.

STeve Leiding