Re: Magazines

SVO8ntno50@aol.com wrote:

> I'll agree with the fact that there needs to be more info published on the
> 2.3 turbo for us but the fact of the matter is that we are a very small group
> compared to the 5.0 group and the aftermarket supports the 5.0 much more than
> the 2.3.

Yeah, I think the stuff that MM&FF is already doing is about as good as
it's going to get.  Thanks to the Tbirds and GT turbos, though, there
are a lot of 2.3Ts out there.  We have the potential to become a much
bigger force in the aftermarket than we are now, if people realized
the potential of these motors.  When I bought my SVO in 1987, I felt
just like Bud, and was resigned to watching the 5.0s drag racing, and
never thinking I had a chance at competing with them.  Back then, the
fast EFI street 5.0s were only running high 13s.  If I had know then...
Anyway, I think there would be a lot of interest in 2.3Ts if there were
more of us running around, running harder than people expect for the
amount of money we've got in the car.  I think it could happen...there's
a jillion 87+ NA 2.3 Mustangs out there that people might play with
once they realize they can be as fast as a 5.0 with junkyard parts.
If it caught on big, THEN we'd get all the magazine attention we could
ever want, but it's up to us to get the ball rolling, and I know that
those of us on this list are already doing all we can.  It's just a
matter of convincing enough other people...with your tail-lights if
necessary ;-).