Re: SVO Wheels weight.

A heavy 16 X 7 aftermarket wheel can be in the 23 to 25 pound area. Extremely
lightweight forged and 3-piece 16 X 8's will be 16 to 17 pounds. I'm real
familiar with weights of 16 X 8 wheels from various manufacturers and
fabricators because I just finished a quest to find some light road race wheels
( light meaning under 18 pounds ) that won't set me back $600 per corner.

I'd be surprised if the SVO wheels exceeded 25 pounds. Tires are heavy too, a
245/45-16 BFG R1 is 24.5 pounds. Street tires can be even heavier for the same
size. Hoosier road race and autox tires are feather light, the 255/50-16
Hoosiers on John Ames' Camaro are barely 16 pounds each.

Gary Morrell
gmorrell@ford.com