[no subject]

Paul, SVO8ntno50@aol.com, writes:
>I don't know, this is a tough one but I'm not shy, I'll give it a stab
but
>will keep working on it.
>Idea 1) (NFFFC) National Forced Four Ford Club
>Maybe good,bad, don't know but like I said, I'll keep working on it.
>Not everyone here has an SVO so I think it only fair to have the name
reflect
>the 2.3 Turbo Ford. anyone agree/disagree??

Here's some thoughts:

1)  THE MORE THE MERRIER.  What about including Merkurs too?  Weren't
there
      some pre/non-SVO/non-TC applications of the 2.3 turbo?  I thought I
remembered
     seeing some Mustangs and even Fairmonts with hood bulges labeled
"Turbo"
     somewhere in my hazy past.  My general sense of this is the SVO was
an
     elevation of the existing 2.3 turbo technology, as was the 190
hp/240 lbs. torque
     TC motor, over the mid-80s stock SVO power plant.

     Anyhow, the point is that the more people which are included the
more potential
     (read after-market $$$$ for vendors to snif) we can hope for.

2)  Paul, thanks for getting the discussion started with NFFFC.
Continuing the
     thrust from above, whatever comes of this consider swapping the N
for an
     I for International, or for a W for World.  Many other lists have
owners (or
     aspiring owners) across this shrinking planet.  One of my favorite
e-mail
     moments was a real-time discussion with someone in Australia who
also
     owned a '68 big-block GT fastback Mustang with a top-loader.  Major
bonding!

     Ford is a global player.  Let's use the whole stage if we're going
to put on a show!

Barry

'68 Mustang GT 390 Fastback:  Top-loader, 3.73
'88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe:  T-5, 3.55
'95 Windstar LX:  *****safety rating
freese_b_w@juno.com