A Turbo 2.3 "Club"

To all Ford Turbo 2.3 Owners:

A thread developed on the Mustang SVO list, where we wanted to name the
group that has come to gather there.  Since our members include those who
don't have SVOs, the group grew to have a wider scope than just SVOs.
Current group purchase ideas, and heightened media recognition efforts, led
us to discussing the possibility of creating such a group, that would
include *all* turbo 2.3 owners.  Mustang SVO, Mustang GT Turbo, Thunderbird
Turbo Coupe, Merkur XR4ti, and other carlines with transplanted turbos, and
their owners, would be welcome to join this group.

Some suggested names for the "club" are below.

Of those suggested, I really like;

FFF
Forced Four Fords

or

UF3O
United Forced Ford Four Owners

or
UFFFO  (personally I like this one the best, so far)  You can have a lot of
fun with this one...

I don't see any point in excluding any 2.3 Turbo engine owner in any car,
and I would not support such a move.  Especially since our premier turbo
envelope pusher is a Pinto owner!  I am referring to Joe Morgan.  And it
DOES make a difference when I talk to vendors, and use Joe's car as an
example of the potential power of our engines.  Racing regularly and
running high 10s in the quarter, says something to the people I contact.

And that is the whole purpose of naming the "club", to put the world on
notice that we are here, we're united, and we're a "force" to be reckoned
with.  And not just a lot of
"hot air"! HA!  I couldn't resist the pun!

I'm going to move forward with implementing the club, so if you have any
experience with organizing and running a club, please let me know if you
can lend some help.

I'm aware, that some may feel, that the toes of other clubs would be
stepped on.  My intention is not to alienate other groups, or fragment the
2.3 community.  Instead, I'm interesting in uniting us all under one common
umbrella, so that the world WILL take notice of our presence.

To those who still feel that we would be duplicating, or intruding on the
province of other clubs, I ask you this,  "Is there a club exclusively
based only on Turbo 2.3 engine ownership?" and  "What has (insert club name
here) done for you lately?"

I'm certain that dues will be necessary to provide the level of service
that would make this "club" worthwhile to belong to.

If you support the idea of a Turbo 2.3 club, and would support it with
membership, activism and dues paying, please let me know.  Any other
comments will also be appreciated.

Dave
DCompton@SmartWorx.com
http://www.SmartWorx.com/DCompton