Re: BROKE DOWN, need diagnostic.

John Garasimowicz wrote:

> Remember Guys, when a TFI cuts out you get a code 14, intermittent PIP.
> I've had as few as a couple of skips set this code. I would check the
> fuel system first, then focus on ignition.

You sound just like those guys at the Ford dealership back in '88.
Except they were wrong.  The TFI CAN go out without setting a code.
I don't know why, I just know it happens.  I wasted a heck of a lot
of time focusing on the fuel system and ignition before my TFI
finally did me the courtesy of going totally dead.