RE: BROKE DOWN, need diagnostic.

I guess I've been lucky :-)

I've had my SVO for 13 (of it's 14 years) and only had to replace the
TFI unit twice.

The first time was at 56K (1988, it was taken out when the distributor
decided to eat its internal workings).  The second time was last year
(135K).  In both cases the car was running fine, and just quit, wouldn't
restart, just sat there and cranked.  I had it towed (what a sick sight)
to the Ford dealer (lifetime warranty) and told them what was wrong, and
of course they had to confirm this.

and with the way the interval works out, it won't need replaced again
for 12 years  (4, 8, ......) ;-)

Only Ford TFIs used.................