Re: How to adjust Throttle Body

Carl Haines wrote:

> Does anybody know the correct procedure for adjusting the stop screw
> on the TB?
> This is the screw that limits how much the throttle plate closes.  Does
> anybody know how critical this adjustment is since the air bypass valve
> handles the air flow at idle.

I think it's kind of critical, because the computer seems to get confused
if too much air is required from the air bypass valve to maintain the
correct idle speed.  I don't know what the "best" idle speed is when the
air bypass valve is disconnected, but I have the best luck with setting
it at almost 1000RPM, and then setting the TPS at that throttle opening.