Re: Scott's problem

Since my '86 SVO went up in flames, I've been pretty quiet on this list but
still like to read about what people are doing with their cars. Someday
(soon I hope), I'd like to have another one. But one thing that's bothered
me is all the petty sniping. I feel that this list is a forum for the
exchange of information and ideas and if you have some parts to sell,
GREAT. Information is free, parts aren't. If you have a problem with
someone, then take it offline, I for one am not interested. Ford isn't
making them anymore so anyplace you can find them for a reasonable price
and BTW, Tim's prices don't seem out of line considering that we're dealing
with a diminishing supply. In terms of info, we all have widely varying
levels of mechanical skill and experience, some know more than others,
thats why this list can be great at solving problems specific to these cars
because people are willing to share their knowledge .Tim and John are both
good guys. I speak from personal experience because John is my cousin and
he's helped me countless times with my cars. I've learned a great deal from
him. In turn, I help him with his PC's because that's where I have more
knowledge. When my SVO burned, Tim offered to give me some parts to help
put it back on the road. This was before I determined that it was well
beyond my resources to do so, the car was too badly damaged. Tim was going
to Boston and he offered to stop in Hartford to give me the parts so as far
as I'm concerned, Tim is OK in my book.

So my advice to you Scott and anyone else who flames someone on this list
for a personal gripe. GIVE IT A REST. It's not the proper place and you
annoy the rest of us who don't care.