[6 Svo] How to adjust Throttle Body

Scott Shidel... wrote:
> Ok..so would it make the timing tables too agreesive for the given
> load/rpm?
> Reason I am asking is a freind of mine from the list here asked about his
> Xr pinging under load lately.  It happens when it is in like 2nd or 3rd at
> low rpm under load(ie gettin on it).  I rode in it with the KS hooked up,
> and it would knock like 2x and go away, but with the KS disconnected, it
> would knock like 8 times or so according to him.  He also sets his TPS on
> the high side..Wondering if that could be a problem. he does have a good
> intercooler BTW.  Also has a superchip..maybe if the TPS voltage makes it
> a *bit* more likely to ping, and the chip does a little too, coupled
> together maybe its enuff to actually make it knock.

Well, let's try to be logical about this. You said he's at full
throttle, which would be in the range of say 4.3 to 4.8 VDC. So again
let's assume that the WOT threahold is 85% value of full voltage, which
let's say is 4.8 - which is actually on the high side. Anyway 85% of
that would be 4.08VDC so the closed throttle setting doesn't mean crap.
If you adjusted the closed throttle setting thru it's whole range, which
may be +/- 0.25 VDC, WOT would still be seen as WOT by the EEC.

He needs to get higher octane and check to see that there's enough EGR
flow (which effects how fast you can get to full throttle - a different
story)and keep the KS conencted (and/or reduce boost pressure).

-Mike Fleming
Technical Director
SVO Owners Association
Tucson, AZ