[1 Svo] zany intercooler thought

This would be applicable to dragging and autox; not to more extended
racing, I wouldn't think.

One of the big problems we have with the intercooler is heat soak,
and the availability of cool enough air during operation.  We
can increase airflow, perhaps with a fan, but that doesn't help
the ambient air, or the heat soak very much.

However, we do have a source of coolness available -- the A/C system.
Imagine we go beyond air/air and air/coolent I/Cs, and go to
air/refrigeration intercoolers.

It is almost certainly true that the load of the A/C compressor
would not be compensated for by increased power output over the long
term.  But it is not unreasonable to think the A/C at idle between
runs could do a better job of taking care of the heat soak as
a bag of ice, and without dribbling cold water on the hot manifolds.

I have no idea how to accomplish this, mind you, but it makes me
wonder.  How would you turn an i/c into an a/c evaporator?

-dB