Big Valve Head - help

Does anybody know anything about the Ford Motorsport "Big Valve" head
part # M-6049-A231. I saw a classified ad from someone looking for a
ford motorsport "Big Valve" Head and have no other information other
than it comes complete with D-port intakes(?), 62.4cc compustion
chambers(?) and unshrouded valves(?).
What does this mean and how is it different from the stock head. I am
also wondering if it would be less expensive to get one of these than
port and polish the original, and gain the same effect.

Dennis.
84 SVO, Silver