[Svo] Fw: SVO Leather Interiors...Yet Again! {3}

At 09:48 AM 10/22/97 -0600, Rod Lilak wrote:

>Oh, Scheiss.
>
>Are these perfed with the correct diamond (Aberdeen) perf (correct) , or a
>small round (bogus) perf ?
>
>Rod
>
>Who_recently_had_a_substandard_Gee_that's_all_we_could_find_repair_job_done_
>with_
>the_wrong_perfs.

Rod, everyone,

E&G Classics... They do an assortment of stuff (grilles for trucks).

The also do leather upholstery kits for Mustangs.

Quality stuff. Featured in Mustang Monthly last May.

They are the only ones ever (that I know of) that made a leather kit for
the SVO. A Correct Leather kit.

Lee Clary works at E&G, and has several SVOs. (He owns the famous Evolution
car.) For some reason E&G has not sold too many of these kits -- perhaps
like Ford Parts, finally when people really NEED the stuff, they run
out/discontinue the item. E&G ran out of the perfed leather. I saw the very
last kit with the proper perfs the other day. Beautiful work. Did I say
Quality?

Evidently, thanks to a little promotion to our members and on our Web site,
 E&G has had enough requests to be able to justify making more of the
correctly-perfed leather for the kits. (Otherwise it's just plain leather.)

As with companies like E&G, and cooperation with SVOOA and the OEM company
that re-covered the steering wheels for us, we have to unite and show that
there really is a market for this stuff or we are going to have a hard time
keeping our beloved SVOs on the road.

Now if we could just get the cloth upholstery for the SVOs, I'd be all set.
(By the way, cloth could be upgraded to leather as far as I know.)

There's a link to E&G at http://www.mustangsvo.org/svolinks.htm
Also see "Leather" topic covered at http://www.mustangsvo.org/svotech.htm

Jim Dvorak
http://www.mustangsvo.org ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org