[Svo] Rearend Question {2}

If the diff has over 15K road miles, or you've been autocrossing regularly, the
posi action is gone. Most of the serious autocrossers I know running Mustangs
or Camaros in stock class keep at least one spare diff ready to go. Most feel
lucky to get 2 Pro Solos out of a diff before its time to reshim. Get it
rebuilt and reshimmed with one extra clutch disc, change the fluid, and be
prepared to do this several times a season if you're serious about being
competitive.

I don't know if the Motorsport Traction Loc diff is allowable in F Stock, I
haven't looked at the rules. On a 12+ year old car, nobody will care if its
just local and regional autox, if you get competitive nationally, somebody's
bound to protest you.

The traction differences you're seeing while turning are probably due to the
driveshaft torque biasing the rear end, which affects tire loading.

Gary Morrell
gmorrell@ford.com