[Svo] SuperChips {2}

At 03:03 PM 10/22/97 -0500, Buzek, Michelle wrote:
>Hey Guys,
>
>What do ya'll know about the SVO chip offered by Superchips?? Do you get
>the performance for the money you spend on one?? I haven't heard
>anything good about them from anyone around here, but all these guys are
>V-8 weenies. I've been thinking of buying the chip for my hubby for
>Christmas, and want to know if it's worth the $$ or should I re-do the
>stock exhaust/do some head work/etc... to improve performance...
>
>Thanks for your help guys!!
>
>Michelle
>85 SVO

Michelle,

Welcome -- I see your name is really Michelle (it has been known to have a
guy use a girl's name just to get a better response) -- glad to know
there's some gals on this list. With all these guys, it gets a little out
of hand.

I have an older 250HP chip in my '86. Playing with the boost -- it's
currently set at 17pounds or so according to my stock gauge. I bought it
used from a guy who upgraded to ETS's MASS Air and FMU (or whatever it's
called), so I got a good value. It's fun.

A guy, Wesley, in New York has called me several times after he put a new
250HP Superchip in his '86 and he said (and I quote) "There's boost all
over the place!!!" Of course, I told him too much of a good thing is not
always good. (Ask Ken Schultz who blew 2 engines recently.) It's been a
month or so, and Wesley called me again.... Still likes it.

Anyway, he ran the 1/4 in a pretty good time (I'll have to find the slip)
considering he didn't launch right, but he's happy. He will take it to an
authorized dealer for re-programming after he does more mods to the engine.
Superchips seems to be continuing to strive to improve the chips, so that's
good.

Some don't like them at all.

That's all I know about that. Visit their Web site for more information,
and I know others will put their 10 cents worth.

Jim Dvorak
http://www.mustangsvo.org ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org