[Svo] Rearend Question {4}

DComptom writes:

> I don't know if the Motorsport Traction Loc diff is allowable in F Stock,
> haven't looked at the rules.

I THINK that the FMS part *is* the service part, so it should be legal
(sheer guess).

Unless it is The Same as came from the Factory, it isn't FS legal.
You'd have to go through some pretty tortured steps to find an uprated
FMS part to be an acceptable replacement _for stock classes_.  You'd
have to carry documentation proving that the original wasn't available
in any form from Ford, and totally document that the FMS part was the
only available alternative.  And then you'd still be liable for a protest
that could go either way.

The "upside", of course, is the the SVO isn't likely to be competitive
in FS anytime soon, so the likelihood of being protested is about nil.

Alternatives are to start a letter writing campaign to the SEB to get
back in GS where we belong, or to contemplate ESP far more seriously.
ESP is "free" with the intercooler, and that might help make up the
huge HP gap we give up to the 1LE boys.

-dB

--- Begin Message ---
> I don't know if the Motorsport Traction Loc diff is allowable in F Stock,
> haven't looked at the rules.

I THINK that the FMS part *is* the service part, so it should be legal
(sheer guess).

Dave
DCompton@SmartWorx.com
http://www.SmartWorx.com/DCompton
Irony:  God gave the tortise a coeffficient of drag of 0.03

--- End Message ---