[Svo] New to list, lots of questions... {2}

At 06:41 PM 10/23/97 -0400, Carl Haines wrote:
>So, I'm new to the list.  I've had my 86 for a year.  It took me almost a
>year and a few $ to find I had a flaky BAP sensor :-(   Now that its finally
>running right I can move on to other things.
>
>My questions
>
>Does anybody know how to tell whether an EEC is for the 85.5 and 86.  When I
>bought the car it came w/ a spare EEC.  I was told the one I had in the car
>was the 85.5.
>
>Supposing that I have both, which one should I use?  I am aware that the
>85.5 produces a slightly higher output, but is it better.  Why the dial back
>in 86?
>
>On the subject of which one to use, I believe in always looking at things as
>a system.  So , here's what is no longer stock:
>
>o    FMS Roller cam
>o    Big valve head, ported and polished (I guess it's a BVH, valve
>     sizes are 1.59 and 1.89)
>o    Dual 2" Borla cat back
>o    K&N sitting on the shelf (I have mixed feelings about the K&N)
>
>The cam has an adjustable sprocket.  Would I want to make any changes from
>the 0 setting?  If so, what?
>
>What other reasonable (keeping the car steetable) mods might I want to make
>other than tweaking the boost?
>
>Lastly, is there an FAQ?
>
>TIA
>Carl Haines

Carl,

Welcome! Two or three things...

The Borla exhaust systems are being reproduced very soon on a special
agreement with Borla -- we will keep you posted, and you can find out more at:

	www.mustangsvo.org/svoborla.htm

You can have a good shop build you the equivalent of a Motorsport head --
e-mail me direct if you missed my post the other day about this.

And what symptoms did you have regarding your BAP -- I'm sure the rest of
the list (as would I) would appreciate this. And how did you go about
pinpointing the problem?

Thanks!

Jim Dvorak
http://www.mustangsvo.org ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org