[Svo] Take-Off {3}

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Buzek, Michelle wrote:

> Yup, my hubby calls me "HammerFoot"... :)
> We're running Goodyear GSC's 245/50/16's...not Drag Radials, but they're
> not
> too bad. It's funny though, because before we put those on we had these
> old
> dry-rotted Dunlops on there and they hooked up GREAT!!

The Dunlops are a pretty decnet tire. My old roomate had a set on his IROC
that were BALD, and he was gettin 1.9X 60' times.
And as far as launching, i think I jus drive the HARDEST car to launch
tonite.  My friend has a VW Rabbit truck we turbo'd.  its Front wheel
drive, and before we went to the track tonite he rotated his tires cuz
they were bald. and the ones he put on the front werent bald, but they
were crappy.  I found the ONLY way to get it out of the hole, and also for
the first half of second gear, was to give it so little gas and be so easy
on the clutch that in my mind as I was doing it I would think "I am gonna
run soooo slow" cuz I wasn't harldy even giving it 1/4 throttle, and I
was easing into that 1/4 throttle.  But, my times were 7 tenths better
like that than launching where "it felt good", and baking the tires made
it run almost 3 seconds slower. So if your into #s, this is a VW FWD
truck, with a junkyard turbo setup on a stock 1.7 L, and baking the tires
it ran a 17.8, and were it felt good it ran a 15.6 for the most part, and
launching painfully easy where it felt like i was throwing away the race
it ran 14.99.  And thats with a whopping 2.34 60'.....thats sad.

	TO4 and big intercooler in the works!!! wooo hooo!!
->86 Escort......
->85 Merkur--Someone get this Escort of mine!