[Svo] Clutch Problems {5}

In a message dated 97-10-24 21:34:56 EDT, gmorrell@ford.com writes:

<< I'll sidestep any downshifting debates, but I've seen several organic
clutch
 linings go completely to pieces when exposed to even small amounts of oil or
 transmission fluid.  Didn't the original poster mention recently replacing a
 leaking rear crank seal? >>

Yes I did recently replace the Rear main seal,also the valve cover gasket and
I still have an annoying oil leak somewhere behind the intake manifold. There
was no sign of oil contamination to the clutch(not even a hint of oil) but
its a possibility I guess. Just seems weird that this would happen the way it
did. Seems to me that there is some kind of design flaw if this has happened
 to people before, although I dont have any idea how long ago this clutch was
installed, I can safely say  that it had less than 10,000 miles on it easily.
Probably closer to 5k.

Paul
Bright red 86 (undergoing repair today)