[Svo] Turbo go BOOM? {2}

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Tim Smith wrote:

> Hi All
>   HEEELLLLPPP!!!
> All of a sudden lots of grey/ black smoke pours
> out the tail pipe and car runs like S**T.

you SURE its the turbo? Mine smoked on the merkur a week ago, but aside
from all the smoke, the car ran fine.  But on the other hand, last nite
something blew on the Rabbit truck, and its not the turbo.  I think it may
have holed a piston, cuz its pumping tons of oil thru the PCV line into
the airbox thru the inlet so it can burn in the chamber.  plus, a smoked
turbo will make noises also(usually).
Might wanna try a compression test before you dump the cash into a turbo.
But if you still want one, I could get you a good used one for ~130, or I
could get it feshened up(cleaned, new bearings, new seals) for ~250.
Lemme know, but I doubt its the turbo.

	TO4 and big intercooler in the works!!! wooo hooo!!
->86 Escort......
->85 Merkur--Someone get this Escort of mine!