[Svo] Turbo go BOOM? {4}

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Tim Smith wrote:

> wouldn`t it miss even when your going faster?
>
> I holed a piston in a 70 mach 1 with 351 C.
> and because it had 7 other cyl. to make up for
> it it ran pretty well at higher rpm`s.
> dought 4 cyl. would run this smooth at higher
> rpm`s. besides wouldn`t the 2.3 blow blue
> smoke if just holed a piston?

I melted a piston down on the pinto back in the first month I had it
running, and it blew MASSIVE smoke.  Ran like sh*t too.And ya know what?
It actually over heated(freind driving it, fan cut a hole in radiator,
freind kept driving.  Funny thing was, the headgasket looked fine!
I dont remember how it ran up hi, but it ran pretty lousy down low.
You said u thought you wasted a turbo cuz of the smoke, but dont think its
a piston cuz of the smoke. Why?  If the turbo crapped out or a piston gave
way, in both intances the car will be burning mainly excessive amounts of
oil.  Would look the same.  Thats why on the merkur and the last time the
pinto started billowing smoke I was HAPPY to hear the shaft clankin around
in the turbo, cuz it meant my bottome end was prolly ok:)

> Am I in denial?
>
>                                  Tim

	TO4 and big intercooler in the works!!! wooo hooo!!
->86 Escort......
->85 Merkur--Someone get this Escort of mine!