[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Svo] What is this turbo? {1}

        Hi Everyone,
  I was digging through my parts pile looking for a turbo for Tim.  Well, I
found one that is confusing.  My other 2 turbo's say Garret on the
compresser housing, and one said AR .60 (couldn't read the other one too
well since it's still on the motor).  This turbo is a water cooled unit and
the compresser housing is marked AR .63, but it also has a tag on it.  The
tag says Garret, but has a Ford part#, and the housing says Air Research.
What the hell is this thing?  The part#'s are   E3ZE-9G438-AF     465978-5
MF3765.   Is this one of the upgrade turbo's that Motorsport offered a few
years ago, or is it just a replacement turbo?  Any ideas?
                                                        Bug Bug