Re: [Svo] Boost Solenoid {3}

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Carl Morris wrote:

> I don't understand the 85.5+ system very well, but I'm pretty familiar
> with the older system and how it works.  I don't understand how what
> you're saying could work.  Once the solenoid is bypassed, your computer
> has no control over the boost...it will always boost to the maximum
> as controlled by the orifice size in the factory tee and the pressure
> required to open the wastegate.  For me this was about 14psi on the
> factory gauge.  I don't see how you can say that you have LESS boost
> with the solenoid bypassed than with everything working correctly.
> The solenoid cannot allow more boost than what's available with it
> bypassed, it can only reduce the boost.

To bypass the solenoid I think the poster meant he has a line that runs
rite from the compressor outlet to the wastegate and thats it.  So all
the pressure that goes into the line makes it to the wastegate.
The way the solenoid works its a electronic bleed off. Jus like alot of us
use some sort of needle valve of various glamour, the solenoid does the
exact same thing.  Only difference is sometimes it bleeds off, sometimes
it doesn't, and the amount it bleeds off is fixed.

	TO4 and big intercooler in the works!!! wooo hooo!!
->86 Escort......
->85 Merkur--Someone get this Escort of mine!