Re: SVO List

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Carl Morris wrote:

> Hey Guys,
> 	Just bored from lack of SVO mail, I assume the
> reason for which is yet another list server crash ;-).
> The last thing I saw was Dave's ad for the book that
> whover it was put together for the 2.3T.  I'll probably
> buy it, just for another resource.  We'll see what
> all the self proclaimed "gurus" came up with ;-).
> Any thoughts or humorous anecdotes?

Well...

If Fleming is a "guru"...then I can't wait to see who the others are.
Maybe Wesley?  Steve Davis?  I guess the main qualification for "guru-dom"
is the act of self-declaration itself...

If they're from the Merkur list, maybe I should get a copy just for
grins. ;)  I wonder if they have a separate section on waxes?  Or the
special SVO sensors?  How about the rev-limiter specs based on Fleming's
observation of a stock tachometer -- Dave's right...there's a wealth of
information in there.  Maybe a special section on how 85.5 SVO's are
faster than '86's...the possibilities are endless....................

> On a non-Ford note, I fixed an oil leak, and changed the
> plugs and ran some injector cleaner through the old Legend
> we bought.  Really nice car to work on (spark plugs at least),
> and drive...

I've done T-belts on a couple of those -- really easy also.  Almost as
easy as on a 2.3 -- plus, they look a lot harder, so you can charge
more...;) Maybe a little more...

If you want to do yours, let me know and I'll give you some pointers.

Honda Notes:

When you service the tranny, use the Honda ATF -- it works better. And
ONLY use Honda PS fluid -- if you use the red stuff (the Honda stuff is
clear), it'll smoke the seals on the rack.