Re: SVO: Just released !! Aftermarket EEC-IV manual for 2.3 Turbos!

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Dave Compton wrote:

> "The Complete Turbo 2.3L EEC - IV Handbook", by Allan Slocum.

Whos that?

> Allan has put great effort into this project, with input from many internet
> friends and 2.3 "gurus". Roland Zuk from the International Merkur Owner's
> Network, Mike Fleming,the technical director for the SVO Owner's
> Association, and several others, including myself.

Now, im not passing jusdment on the book....jus on sources of info..Whats
the address to send the check so i can get it for myself?  Also, this is a
real, binded published book rite? not a stack of Xerox copies from Kinkos
stapled togehter?  How many pages?

o boy.....what does it take to be considered a guru anyhow?  Self
proclamation?  Im not I know that but I dunno....Roland a guru? gimme a
break...I remember him saying the TPS was a 3 step switch....
And the other.....I am still waiting to find out what he is talkin about
when he seems to think the EEC will run the car on the ragged edge of
detonation.  Why he says an 89 Merkur runs the early intake/eec setup.
Why he says 19 psi is off the scale of a stock turbo, when it clearly
is(compressor map).  I could go on and on....
	Maybe I should jus be quiet and let the money be made, but it
frankly kinda irks me to see people that make statements fromthe planet
Mars be referred to as references in a manual.  Would you buy a book on
calculus from an individual that has trouble with 2+2?
	What is a shops best advertisement? their car. What do all of the
self proclaimed experts run?  I rest my case.

	TO4 and big intercooler in the works!!! wooo hooo!!
->86 Escort......
->85 Merkur--Someone get this Escort of mine!