SVO: RE: Troubles

>----------

I believe this is normal,  you would think the resistance of the meter
would smoothly
increase as you open the door,  for some reason - IT DOESN'T.  Mine does
the very
same thing when measuring resistance, while moving the vane.  You will
need to
measure the voltage level on the "signal return line" to the EEC.
Measure across pins
2 and 4 (I think, going from memory here) with the Key On Engine Off.  I
think you will
find it is linear and smoothly increases to some where near 5 volts, as
you move the vane.
With the vane closed you will get about 1v as you already measured and
about 4.7v with
the vane wide open.

I don't think the VAM is your problem, as I don't see how you could be
toasting em' so
frequently.  I've never had one go bad.

Steve Leiding