Re: SVO: Aligment Specs for 1988 TC ??

On Fri, 7 Nov 97 17:38:18 +0000, you wrote:

>Floyd,
>
> Did you put lowering springs on the car also?? The smaller diameter
>tires will not cause bump steer problem by themselves. The relative
>position of the suspension geometry would not change. My brother shows
>up on 245/45-17" tire in his Cobra 'stang, then changes to 23.5"
>diameter slicks for auto-x.
>
> MY street tires 225/60-15 all seasons are quite spongy compared to my
>BFG R1 245-50-15 race tires, these tires exhibit the same problem as you
>discribe, caused by the increased stiffness in the sidewall.
>
>	If you did install lowering springs the offset rack bushings are
>availible from Chuck at Maximum Motorsports or other vendors in any of
>the late Mustang mags.
>	Mike Guard
>	Cincy Region SCCA CP champ

No I didn't lower the springs I just got lower profile Tires. You know
I was thinking about that in my sleep and could not figure out how the
tie rods could change angles when the center line (hub/rim/bolts)
stayed the same. I was thinking if you sat the car on only the rims
the angle would be the same. The only way I thought you could change
it was to play with the springs, mounts, or the sprung/unsprung
weight. which I didn't. Maybe my bushings are soft and with the newer
tires and more grip it's noticed more. Well anyway in 3 hours I'm
having my car aligned and then I'll take it from their. To be
continued.

                Floyd Holsinger
          Amateur Radio Operater N2XQY
          Hunterdon County, New Jersey