Re: SVO: Mike Ferrara and Turbo Magazine

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Chris Costanzo wrote:

> >All,
> >	There was a recent flap here on the list regarding
> >Mike Ferrara and his comments/whining about Joe's Pinto.
> >I just wanted to let you know that the email address for
> >the magazine is turbo@turbomagazine.com.  No wonder we got
> >it confused with <same thing>@turbocharged.com...
>

>     The latest issue has something about Joe too.  In the front of the
> magazine, there is an editorial about the "Quick 8" competition.  However,
> they don't say his name.  They just refer to him as "That Pinto".  They
> apparently are trying to drive him out of the competion because he is RWD.
> They want to classify him with the rear drive rotaries only.  Gee, that's
> fair.  They want to make the Quick 8 for front drive Honda's only.
> Shouldn't that make it the "Quick 8 Honda's".  The class is supposed to be
> open to all imports.  The Pinto classifies because either it, or it's
> engine, were built in Brazil.  Just wait till I get mine going so I can join
> in the Honda hunt.

I'm not going to say whether I consider Joes car an import or not, but the
Hondas are jus cry babies anyhow.  their biggest bitch is having to run
against RWD cars, and Ferrara even said they are given a 600lb weight
advantagein addition to the fact that most of the rwd cars are either way
under the weight limit, like all the old Datsuns and Mazdas like Flaco and
the sort, or they are way over the minimum like joe. For the people that
call Joes car stripped, it weighs 25-2600lbs, w/o him in it.  Thats no
feather.
But anyway, I really dont think Ferrara is sayin he is on the side of the
hondas or whatever, but stating that things are gonna change whether we
like it or not.  There are alot of reasons I dont likethge guy, but I am
not gonna criticise everything he says.  Put yourself in their shoes.  it
enuff of a grey area that I would bitch about Joes car too.

	Big intercooler ON!
	T4 Compressor soon to be on!
-85.5 Escort, SOLD!
-85 Merkur, let the modding begin!