Re: Best SVO?

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 SVO8ntno50@aol.com wrote:

> I would have to agree with that statement, I have a couple of 5 liter
> mustangs and cant stand the all too common attitude that most 5.0 owners
> have. Most are quite young paying 3 to 4 grand a year for insurance and think
> they are the fastest thing since Crisco greased snow pans. I have ticked off
> my share of these kids with both my SVO and my LSC( I can pull a 1-2 car
> length holeshot on just about any kid in a 5.0 with my lincoln and just love
> that pissed off look they have) I really irritated a guy in Leesburg VA last
> year with a black 93 cobra, 4 lights in a row I pulled a car and a half on
> him before he got traction and passed me. By the 4th light he wouldn't even
> look over at me :-] .

Thats one thing I dont understand about these dorks.  I am only 23, and I
built a 79(look like an 86 GT) stang back when I was 18 or 19.  it was an
old hunk of crap, that had a seized 4 cylinder.  A freind of my bothers
gave it to him and he didn't know what to do with it and he gave it to me.
I built a mild 351 for it and did most of it myself.  O yeah, back to the
topic...
I was gonna say, I dont get these kids.  Even back then, when I was their
age, and had the "in style" car, if I lost to someone, I wanted to know
what they ran and stuff.  I didn't get pissed, I wanted to learn from
someone that prolly had more experiance than me if they whomped me. Guess
thats why they run 14s for many years.

 The typical attitude we see is from the kids that were
> handed the car by Mom and Dad(talk about giving a kid a loaded gun). A freind
> of mine has a shop and one day a kid came buy to pick up his 96 Mystic cobra
> that just had a vortech installed, He is 19 and Mommy came along to pay for
> it!! This is what I hate, Get a job kid and pay for it yourself! I am getting
> off the soap box now(Eric is right, you get dizzy up here).
>
> Paul
> red 86 (sitting in the fleet)

	Big intercooler ON!
	T4 Compressor soon to be on!