Re: SVO: hard shifting?

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997 RaceSVO@aol.com wrote:

> Bug Bug wrote:
>
> <  Pull up on the pedal and see if it adjusts itself. >
>
> Does the SVO clutch assembly use the self adjusting pedal?  I thought it was
> just the normal cable setup...

My 86 has the self adjusting mechanism.  To re-adjust I do the
following.  1.  Contort yourself to where you can get your arms under the
dash somewhat freely.  2.  lift up on the clutch pedal (it should move
about 1/2 - 1 inch upward).  3.  find the plastic, self-adjusting pawl under
the dash (the funny white arch-looking thing with the teeth on it...above
the brake pedal slightly toward the console) and pull/rotate the front
(closest to the firewall) of it downward.  4.  Let go of the clutch
pedal...it should fall freely about half way to the floor.  5.  Press the
clutch pedal a couple of times...you should hear a ratcheting sound as it
adjusts.

Sam
85&86 SVOs