SVO: Re: Vortech Aftercooler

> After reading the latest "Tiny Avenger" article I decided to check out
> one of these after coolers, it seems to be really effiecient compared to
> an intercooler(stock or TC). Then I looked at the price
> $1500 bucks WHOA. Anybody got any comments on whether these are really
> worth the money.

Oh, Dennis, have we taught you nothing?  Don't believe ALL the hooplah,
everywhere.  Valid 2.3 info is clouded in "noise".

You'd be efficient at making things cold too, if ICEWATER was flowing thru
your veins.

They also mis-attributed the boost drop acroos the TC IC by changing to the
Vortec after cooler and the larger throttle body at the same time.

Get an efficient (large) air to air IC.  If you must have a Water to Air,
call Spearco.  It's less than Vortec's.  And you can get a big one from
them.

For drag racing, just put dry ice on your intercooler :)

Is it worth the money?  Nowhere close in my book...

Dave
http://www.SmartWorx.com/Listservers