Re: SVO: Re: Vortech Aftercooler

In a message dated 97-11-13 13:13:12 EST, DCompton@JNPCS.COM writes:

<<
 Oh, Dennis, have we taught you nothing?  Don't believe ALL the hooplah,
 everywhere.  Valid 2.3 info is clouded in "noise".

 You'd be efficient at making things cold too, if ICEWATER was flowing thru
 your veins.

 They also mis-attributed the boost drop acroos the TC IC by changing to the
 Vortec after cooler and the larger throttle body at the same time.

 Get an efficient (large) air to air IC.  If you must have a Water to Air,
 call Spearco.  It's less than Vortec's.  And you can get a big one from
 them.

 For drag racing, just put dry ice on your intercooler :)

 Is it worth the money?  Nowhere close in my book...

 Dave
 http://www.SmartWorx.com/Listservers

I would agree with Dave on this, The aftercooler was designed for
supercharged Drag racing applications not for a Turbo. Yes it may help but to
pay $1500 and have to "make it work" is not worth it. Buy something from a
company (like spearco) that is designed for the application.

Paul
red 86