SVO: IC rigging???

I just got back from a small salvage yard that I recently discovered in
town.  The have an '87 Conquest TSI - complete motor/turbo setup.  I
noticed that it had a rather large (3" X 16" X 8") front mount
intercooler.  The plumbing looked like 2.25" daimeter.  Based on a quick
talk with the yard owner, I think that I could pick it and the plumbing
up for about $75.

Has anybody seen or tried a similar setup?  Is it feasible?  This
particular piece was in front of the radiator...is this a must?  Any
ideas on mounting locations?  How hard/expensive is it to bend/plumb the
new lines?  I don't know of anyone around here that can do mandrel
bends.  What other sorts of businesses might have tubing bender (other
that muffler shops)?

Sorry about the 20 questions....just brainstorming!

Sam
85$86 SVOs