Re: SVO: Re: Vortech Aftercooler

I do not know how good the flow numbers are on the Vortech cooler they
tested. On the street you would need a radiator about the size of 16x14x1 to
cool the core to about the 80% range. With this size radiator in front of the
engine radiator I would think the engine temps would be much higher. This is
why air to water units never worked good on the street. $1500.00 is a lot of
money for what you get, for about $950.00 you can get the Spearco unit and
have the very best set-up for the SVO or T-Bird.
116 octane fuel, ice water for the cooler, 83 exhaust housing, no power under
4200 to power above 5300. This is a true dyno only motor, you would not want
to drive this around the block. How about the air fuel numbers at idle, what
does a stable idle mean? 42s with no reprogram of the computer, this can
never happen.
 I guess they made the power they were looking for but I would like to see it
made on a street car that needs to be driven to and from work everyday.

Later....Nick