Re: SVO: IC rigging???

Sam,

>noticed that it had a rather large (3" X 16" X 8") front mount
>intercooler.  The plumbing looked like 2.25" daimeter.  Based on a quick
>talk with the yard owner, I think that I could pick it and the plumbing
>up for about $75.

Wow, I would pick it up for the simple fact of the resale halue to another
Conquest owner.  I am not for sure, but I thought that the earlier TSIs did
not have Intercoolers so this could have been a add-on.

>Has anybody seen or tried a similar setup?  Is it feasible?  This
>particular piece was in front of the radiator...is this a must?  Any
>ideas on mounting locations?

I think I would try to set it up behind the Radiator simular to the Spearco
design.  Spearco make a scoop and shroud for IC.  It might be easier to set
the IC up in front of the radiator but you might want to purchase a larger
Radiator to handle the extra heat hitting the Radiator.

>How hard/expensive is it to bend/plumb the
>new lines?  I don't know of anyone around here that can do mandrel
>bends.

Look at Summit for buying Mendrel bends, you can buy them super cheap bent
to almost any spec you want.

Chris Roth
98 SVT Contour -Black
86 SVO Mustang -Silver Metallic